"The answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything, is 42." - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams
We’re granting access to capabilities that were previously out of reach
We are UP42, a group of diverse experts and ambitious change makers. We believe that the most effective way to solve pressing issues on Earth is by going up, so we want to get geospatial data and analytics into the right hands, as quickly and easily as possible
From precision agriculture and climate change to infrastructure monitoring and disaster response, we empower developers and innovative organizations with the right geospatial information and tools, all in one platform, for better decisions.
Making an impact and making it count is our company's very essence.
- We empower our customers and partners to make an impact on their business
- We strive to make an impact on society, the economy, and the environment
- We innovate to make an impact on the geospatial industry
A culture of welcoming affinity
Our culture is one of belonging, where everyone feels welcome and differences are celebrated, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, socio-economic background or religion.
At UP42, we care about more than technical and functional capabilities. That’s why we’ve created a dedicated training program to take care of our people’s soft skills, as well as special health and benefits plans to ensure a balanced personal and professional life.
Our hybrid working mode allows for flexible hours and working space, where employees can choose between the tranquility of their homes or an energized conversation with their teammates in the office.
We do all this because we live by five inspiring values:
1. Trust - we trust each other and want to be a reliable point of reference in a changing world.
2. Transparency - By trusting each other, we make sure our lines of communication are always open and transparent.
3. Empowerment - We encourage each other to own our work and make our impact count as professionals and individuals.
4. Sustainability - The more we invest in each other’s well-being, the more resilient we become together.
5. Empathy - We care about each other as humans first. And we’re ready to stand for each other’s rights.
Born in 2019 in the vibrant district of Kreuzberg, Berlin, UP42 is housed in the red-brick Umspannwerk, a former factory on the Landwehr Canal that now hosts startups, coworking spaces, and restaurants.
As one of the most exciting and diverse districts in the German capital, Kreuzberg offers a variety of cultural and natural experiences, with trendy restaurants and cafés, flea markets, art galleries and museums, parks and cycling routes, and of course, Berlin’s iconic canals.
UP42’s office is well connected to the rest of the city through public transit (The U1, U8, and buses) and within walking distance of the historic East Side Gallery and Wall Museum.
On the Landwehr Canal
Ohlauer Str 43, Berlin